Zero2Cool
12 years ago

How are you feeling, considering the late-season MCL sprain that kept you out of the final three regular-season games?
I’m doing good. My body is getting better. The knee is getting a chance to kind of recover from the season. Obviously it’s a long season that takes a toll on your body. I'm starting to feel good again.

Are you starting to get in touch with your football mortality?
(Laughs). Absolutely. The further in you get, the more of a toll it takes on your body and you feel it after the season when you start your workout regimens. I noticed that I definitely have to stretch a lot more before I jump into different workouts. It feels good to get some longevity, but at the same time you know what's happening because you can feel it.”

You’ve appeared on the TV shows Criminal Minds and Royal Pains. What's harder, pro football or acting?
Acting. Hands down. Becoming something or some image or some role or some person - it’s a lot tougher than performing in front of 70,000 people. Having that camera on you like, 'Action. Hit it right now.' This is your claim to fame. This is your one shot. It's a lot of pressure. And it's tough to become that person at that moment in that role and to deliver your best line and your best acting.

Not the same as third and long at Lambeau?
Not at all. I was born to do that.

You've said you're a Jerry Rice guy. Why is he the greatest of all time, according to you?
His work ethic and his determination. I have a saying: Be great. And he exemplifies how you be great. And not complain about it. You just do it. Year after year everyone knew he was that guy. They tried to stop him and they couldn't. He's in the Hall for a reason. I know they say records are meant to be broken, but he set some records that I believe will never be broken.

You've said you were initially skeptical of Twitter but now you're a Twitter star. What was behind your early doubts?
Just putting myself out there. It fills the void for people who can't actually touch, physically, they can feel like they know Greg Jennings via Twitter.

Are you skeptical of HGH testing, why do you think so many players are and why do you think it's taken so long to get implemented in the NFL?
I really don't have a problem with it. If you can't tell, I'm 100 percent natural. I have no issue with it. I think that when it comes to performance enhancing drugs there’s a time and a place, but with what we do, there’s already a risk that we take putting ourselves on the field, and putting ourselves in harm’s way. You can’t have one guy who's using something that's going to enhance his performance and ultimately put you at even more risk. You have to even out the playing field. There has to be some kind of liability. It would be too much of a lopsided game if you had people getting away with it.

Better passer: Aaron Rodgers or Matt Flynn?
(Laughs). Being that I've caught several balls from Aaron and only a few from Matt, I'd have to say Aaron. Matt's going to be an outstanding quarterback in this league. He's gotten a lot of attention because of his output in the games he's had. It goes deeper than that. The way he's prepared himself. The way he's handled the situation of being the backup wasn't typical. He approached every game as I saw Aaron do: As a starter. As if Aaron was not going to play and he was going to lead us to a win. What everyone saw in that Detroit game was a guy who prepared himself physically and mentally as though he was a starter.

Is it difficult for a black athlete playing Green Bay?
It’s not difficult. Initially I thought it was. I remember when I got there I was looking around like ‘Where are we going?’ We landed and we were driving around and there was nothing around for a couple miles, but the people were so nice. I remember walking through a Wal-mart and the people just speaking. And I initially thought, ‘Are they speaking to me because black people are few and far between?’ It was just because they're social butterflies up there. They really take on the ownership of that team, like they’re on that field with you. Initially no one knew who I was. But they reached out to me. That was pretty impressive. It's a great place to live and a great organization.

What’s it like playing in Lambeau?
It’s a unique place to play, but our fans are almost too nice. It’s not a hostile environment. It's a warm environment. It's a place where everyone wants to play because of the history. It's almost an attraction like Disney World. It works to our advantage at times, but at times it’s like everyone wants to get up to play because 'This is Lambeau. This is hallowed ground.'

So you'd like the fans to be like Eagles fans?
No no no. We don't want that. Just don't be as nice. Don't buy beer for the opposing fans! That's our beer for you guys! (Laughs). But there's no venue that can top it.

What got you involved with the USAID charity?
Just the impact. The thing about philanthropic work is, you don't do it solely for the attention. You do it to put a smile on someone else's face. You do it because you know it's the right thing to do. For myself, knowing what we do at the Greg Jennings Foundation, geared toward youth and education, we try to empower kids and youth and give them something no one can take away.

Source  wrote:

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

It’s a unique place to play, but our fans are almost too nice.

I have mentioned this a few times in the past. Sometimes I wish the fans weren't so nice. Maybe a few well-timed boos would have shaken the team out of its torpor against the Giants.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
12 years ago
buying beer for the enemy

outraged
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I have mentioned this a few times in the past. Sometimes I wish the fans weren't so nice. Maybe a few well-timed boos would have shaken the team out of its torpor against the Giants.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Yet we hear about reports that fans traditionally moon the opposing teams bus ... yet they are too nice. haha SHOW THEM THE WANKER!
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago
And thus 🇹🇹 will draft another WR this year. I don't think Gregorious was anywhere near 100% in the game against the Giants and with that, 🇦🇷 tried to force the ball to Finley. DD was playing his heart out, but has obviously lost a step and wasn't burning anyone, just playing with heart.

Note his answer to the very first question. That may have been a bigger key to our O woes against the Giants than us taking 3 weeks rest.

My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
dfosterf (56m) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (58m) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (1h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (19h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (23h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.